If you’re a recent graduate who is facing a labor market that’s developing at a rapid pace, you might be looking for some useful tips to help you cope with temporary unemployment. As a fresh owner of a Bachelor’s degree, I have learned myself about the harsh reality of the job market and I’m here to assure you that everything’s going to work positively for you if you’re able to make the right decision at the right time.
That is why I’ve got just the support you need with the following reality checks, pieces of advice, and unemployment benefits:
The reality is that no matter how qualified you are, nobody will pay attention to you unless you do something with your knowledge. Offer to do things for free. Make a logo, write an article, translate a text, volunteer, write a review, anything that suits your interest. Don’t be afraid to leave a mark. Crave change and do something notable.
Make a name for yourself. Establish your presence in the labor market be it online or in your local business network.
Are you looking to hire the perfect Ruby on Rails developers?
I’ve got the perfect tips and tricks of the trade for you. Whether you are an outsourcing company or you have your own products to create, you might come across the need to further expand your back-end technologies using Ruby on Rails. If you’re looking to hire the best Ruby on Rails engineer on the market to help you develop your company’s projects, there are a few necessary steps you have to consider in order to make sure that you end up finding the best candidate for the available position.
Any mistake in the recruitment process can lead to you finding out that you don’t have the right employee who can write clean code for your customers and you might even need to start recruiting again, this time more accurately. I’ve listed a few tips to ease this challenging task of hiring the most talented Ruby on Rails developer in a market that’s more and more competitive when it comes to having the best developers possible.
A job description is your first chance to present your company and to list specific requirements and tasks that your Rails engineer will have to complete. Therefore, it’s essential that you craft a detailed job description. This allows Ruby on Rails engineers to adjust their resumes according to your job posting and even to complete it with frameworks or tools that he/she might have worked with but failed to mention. It’s surprising how many people have more experience than what they mention in the resume. However, the opposite is also true. Many applicants often add false statements and abilities to their resumes. It’s your duty to make sure that what they claim is true.
If you’re looking for someone who only works with the Rails framework, make sure that you do mention that any other framework is not accepted unless you offer Rails training for suitable candidates.
Integrating employees with depression in the work field shouldn’t be a hassle. Most often, such employees find it difficult to adapt to new working conditions and even to cooperate with their co-workers. This, however, is no reason for shoving away a well-prepared possible or existing employee. Often, they become the subject of workplaces bullying. It is important that we create working conditions equal to those we offer to other employees. The purpose should be to end discrimination both in the recruitment/selection and in the working process.
Also, the nature of the company’s activity should not affect the candidate. If you truly believe that the working environment you provide may be harmful to them, it’s best that you recommend either other positions in your company or other ways of further developing his/her career in a different organization or field. DO keep their resume and records for any other future possibilities and assure them that they will be contacted in case a better position that matches their expertise is available. You should be aiming to objectively choose the right talent out of all the candidates.
Induction, as usual, should not be skipped and it can even be more detailed than usual. Check for signs that show how your working environment may be causing or influencing their depression. This is usually an indicator of a need to revise and improve the way in which you manage your human resources and working relations. Eventual conflicts inside your company can lead to workers’ ineffectiveness and exhaustion. Employees need to feel engaged in all of your tasks and want to be seen as efficient and dependable workers. As a leader, if you are truly interested in your employees’ well-being, express empathy and compassion without making anyone feel inferior or useless. Only a positive and enthusiastic attitude can lead to job satisfaction and even management appreciation. Stress in the workplace strongly impacts the performance of all of your personnel. Meeting the daily needs of your employees and dealing with possible issues should be a priority if you want your productivity to rise.
Often recruiters tend to fail in their attempt to convince a possible future employee to join the company he/she represents. Although the main reasons for this are well-known, here are some of the little things most of them overlook:
- They talk too much about their company and thus they omit to ask questions about the candidate. Many recruiters tend to give too many details regarding their company instead of focusing on the way in which the new employee will be able to fit in, or on inquiring about what he/she has to offer. This occurs especially during phone conversations. This is when the recruiter talks on and on about what his company does, while the possible candidate barely gets a few seconds to say something about himself. Also, recruiters fail to listen attentively to what the candidate has to say. While this can be a mistake on the candidate’s side as well, since he/she is the one who should present his ideas concisely, recruiters have the duty to pay attention and to carefully analyze what the job applicant says.
- They are not insistent enough. Whenever a possible candidate refuses to accept or to show interest in the position he/she is being offered, recruiters tend to omit to ask them a simple question: “Why?” A recruiter’s job is to represent his/her company in such a way that it will be impossible for the candidate to refuse a job offer. He/she has to find out the reasons why his/her offer is being refused and possibly find a solution. If you contact someone who lives in a different city, expect certain refusal. Suggest commute or accommodation options if possible. Similarly, if you want to recruit someone with no job experience, be sure that they can be hesitant when getting their first job. Offer support, career counseling, and training if you can.
- They intimidate. Not liking the recruiter can likewise lead to not liking the organisation the recruiter is responsible for. In this way, recruiters risk damaging their company’s image, or not being to hire that person in the future either. Instead, they should make the candidate feel welcomed into the new working environment.
- They expect candidates to come to them instead of actively looking for possible employees. Use social media websites, such as LinkedIn or branded.me, to find suitable high-potential employees who may not be aware of the fact that you have a position available in your organisation. Networking and social networking are the keys to successfully finding the perfect candidates for the job. See more about sourcing on Wikipedia.
- They eliminate candidates too easily. Instead of letting go of people who might no be fit for a role, offer the candidate another job opportunity in the company, or assure them that you will contact them in the future with a different type of position.
- They don’t know how to communicate. In addition to the necessary oral communication skills needed for contacting and interviewing, writing skills are necessary so that you make sure that your job advertisement clearly and concisely contains the exact requirements and expectations. Having great communication skills means not only sharing what you know but also being able to get the information you want from someone. (see reason 1 above) Non-disclosure agreements often inhibit this process as the future employee may not yet have the right to know every benefit the company has to offer.
- They do not contact people who have the appropriate skills for the position. Often, the employer realizes that the candidate does not have the required skills for the job during the interview. Make sure to clearly indicate your requirements in the job advertisement. Resumes should be read attentively. More than that, they should be checked for accuracy in order to detect eventual lies.
- Simply, they don’t care. Many “recruiters” actually have a different position in the company, but they were assigned with the task of recruiting. This is why in smaller companies you will see many secretaries or more experienced workers doing the recruiting job. They are not fully aware of what their role is, and they want to finish this task as soon as possible.
Back to you. Share some other recruiting mistakes you have encountered.